The United Nations Global Compact invites companies to adopt, support and apply, in their sphere of influence, a set of fundamental values in the areas of human rights, labour, environment and anti-corruption. In other words, it is only in the areas that concern them that companies are required to make real change.
Jordenen has willingly joined this initiative purely because the principles of this pact are part and parcel of Jordenen’s philosophy and culture.
- The ten principles are taken from the following instruments
- Universal Declaration of Human Rights
- International Labour Organisation Declaration
- on Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work
- Rio Declaration on Environment and Development
- UN Convention Against Corruption